Take A Virtual Tour
The new Island Dolphin Care Center opened in 2005. This spacious, multifunction center provides full handicap accessibility and allows IDC to accommodate the children and families that attend our programs. The museum style facility also incorporates Marine Science and Conservation Education through multiple educational displays and aquariums located in the indoor learning center.
IDC’s outdoor area provides a serene tropical environment for an enhanced experience where children can laugh, play and learn. The Center offers a welcoming environment for all who visit.
IDC Center Features:
- 3 classrooms
- Elevators making all three floors of the building and the outside facilities accessible to all.
- Family Resource Library with Internet access.
- An indoor meeting room to host informational workshops, support groups, and other fun activities.
- Multiple aquatic environments with corresponding educational exhibits inside and outside the facility.
- Accessible shower rooms and bathrooms for families.
- A beautiful sensory garden with fountains.
- A large tiki hut for outdoor meetings, workshops and other fun activities, fully equipped with a large screen TV for hosting DVD and computer presentations.
- Fonzie’s Backyard Interactive Touch Tank Program: a large open top aquarium full of marine life native to South Florida
- Vest hut: IDC provides flotation devices and wet suits for swimmers of all ages and sizes