Island Dolphin Care offers Marine Science Education Programs to students and organizations from all the U.S. Students learn about dolphins and other marine mammals, aquatic ecosystems including mangroves and coral reefs, and the importance of marine conservation. They also gain hands-on experience with our outdoor touch tank, filled with local sea life. Island Dolphin Care also offers a Traveling Marine Science program that brings the ocean to your classroom or event through our traveling touch tank.
On-Site Program: Fonzie’s Backyard
(Named in honor of the special dolphin who started it all.)
An educational marine science program which allows students to become more aware of South Florida and Caribbean waters.
- Program is centered on aquariums representing different local ecosystems and an interactive touch tank. The aquariums allow students to learn about the habitat, adaptive methods, and anatomy of different species of fish, crustaceans and other invertebrates.
- The outdoor touch tank provides a hands-on experience with interesting creatures that inhabit the beautiful waters of South Florida and the Caribbean.
- Lectures focus on conservation, ecosystem dynamics and marine mammals.
- Programs may include art activities, discovery labs, and dolphin observations.
- Dissection lessons available.
- Programs can be customized according to grade level, as well as curriculum needs.
Off-Site Program: Fonzie’s Traveling Backyard
- A portable touch tank with invertebrates native to South Florida visits your school or event.
- Full and half day programs can be customized to meet the needs of your students.
- Supplemental activities and materials are provided.
- Students will have a chance to interact with and learn about these creatures.
- Each program is customized according to grade level, as well as curriculum needs. Our staff can make a simple introduction to younger children as well as a more complex presentation including Phylum identification and characteristics of each animal to older audiences.
- Based upon availability in January and February.
For more information, or to schedule your field trip please contact Kim at email@example.com.